The Cambria And Indiana Railroad: 90 Years, 1904 - 1994
Publish Date: 2011-02-04
Author: Jack Hill
Attention: For textbook, access codes and supplements are not guaranteed with used items.
A history of very successful short line railroad in Western Pennsylvania that operated from 1904 to 1994 starting out as a logging railroad, successfully transitioning to a freight hauler, primarily hauling coal. From 1904 to 1910 it was a logging operation, the Blacklick and Yellow Creek Railroad. In 1910 the railroad was purchased by two Philadelphia coal barons, John Weaver and B. Dawson Coleman and renamed the Cambria and Indiana Railroad. It later became a part of the Bethelem Steel Corporation.