Simplified Introduction To Heart And Lung Sounds: Introduction To Heart Sounds, Learning Lung Sounds, Auscultation Guide
- Publish Date: 2006-01-01
- Binding: DVD-ROM
- Author: R.L.H.Murphy MD DSc;M.A.Murphy Ph.D. R.N.C.S. A.N.P.;G.Brockington MD;A.Vyshedskiy Ph.D.
Attention: For textbook, access codes and supplements are not guaranteed with used items.
Arrives in 3-7 Business Days
This CD package includes powerful multimedia courses for learning heart and lung sounds and their associated pathologies. These courses integrate textual, audio and waveform information, improving the auscultation skills of physicians, nurses, and students in medicine.
- Written by leading specialists on lung and heart sounds: R.L.H.Murphy, MD, DSc, Chairman and Founder, Stethographics, Inc.; Professor of Medicine, Tufts University School of Medicine; Pulmonologist, Faulkner and Lemuel Shattuck Hospitals, Boston, MA; M.A.Murphy, Ph.D., R.N.C.S., A.N.P., Associate Professor of Nursing, Boston College Schools of Nursing, Chestnut Hill, MA; G.Brockington, MD, Assistant Professor of Medicine, Tufts University School of Medicine; Staff Cardiologist, Faulkner Hospital; Fellow, American College of Cardiology; and A.Vyshedskiy, PhD, CTO, Stethographics, Inc., Adjunct Professor, Boston University, Boston, MA.
- Lung and heart sounds are played and displayed simultaneously, allowing quick association of lung and heart sounds with their characteristic visual patterns.
- Includes examples of over 200 normal and abnormal lung and heart sounds.
- Works from the CD - does not require installation of any software.
Audience: Intended for everyone interested in clinical medicine, particularly students, interns, residents, practitioners, nurses, physician assistants, and intensivists. May also be helpful as a referral base of data for the advanced cardiovascular trainee.
Part I: Introduction to Heart Sounds
This multimedia CD explains the origin and characteristics of heart sounds and murmurs and provides auditory and visual waveform examples of the most common of these sounds. Visual displays of time amplitude plots of the various sounds are provided in time expansion mode to aid in discerning the details of the sound. Illustrations of the mechanisms of production of heart sounds are also shown in a Murmur Mechanism Guide to facilitate learning. The CD includes examples of over 200 normal and abnormal lung and heart sounds.
Part II: Learning Lung Sound
This educational product includes the most important clinical information on lung sounds that physicians, nurses, respiratory therapists, students and other professionals need to know. It has audio text and illustrations that feature displays made with our Multi-channel STG System.The multimedia presentation shows students the principles of lung auscultation with examples of a number of normal and abnormal lung sounds. This product also introduces the concepts of acoustic analysis.
After completing this course, users will be able to:
- Diagnose normal and abnormal lung sounds more accurately.
- Complete examinations faster and more efficiently.
- Learn about the latest advances in computer-based analysis of lung sounds.
What our users are saying about Learning Lung Sounds:
Excellent learning tool. Sounds were very realistic when I used the headphones.
Karen Lahive, MD, Brigham and Women/Faulkner Hospitals, Boston, MA
Very good. I enjoyed it a lot. I will use it for my students.
Sadamu Ishikawa, MD, St. Elisabeth Medical Center, Boston, MA
It s beautiful!
Salvatore Manginoe, Pulmonary Professor.