Infection Control And Management Of Hazardous Materials For The Dental Team, 5E
- Publish Date: 2013-02-22
- Binding: Paperback
- Author: Chris H. Miller BA MS PhD
Attention: For textbook, access codes and supplements are not guaranteed with used items.
Emphasizing patient safety and infection prevention in the dental office, Infection Control and Management of Hazardous Materials for the Dental Team, 5th Edition, covers everything from basic concepts in microbiology to protocols for clinical asepsis. Clear, step-by-step instructions make it easy for you to perform safety procedures and use the supplies and equipment needed to prevent the spread of infectious disease. New to this edition are full-color photographs and four new chapters on emerging topics. Written by oral biology and infection control expert Chris Miller, this resource is a must read for every member of the dental team.
- Comprehensive coverage follows dental assisting and dental hygiene curricula requirements for infection control, ensuring that you learn essential principles and procedures for clinical competence.
- Easy-to-follow, step-by-step procedures are provided for skills that dental team members must master, each presented with a goal, materials, chronological steps, and rationales for the performance of each step.
- Key terms begin each chapter and are highlighted within text discussions and defined in a back-of-book glossary.
- Summary tables and boxes make study easier by highlighting key concepts and procedures.
- Review questions ensure your comprehension of the material with 5 to 20 multiple-choice questions at the end of each chapter.
- Practical appendices offer easy access to the most significant regulatory agency rules and recommendations for infection control.
- Student resources on the Evolve companion website include practice exercises plus review questions and quizzes.
- NEW! Full-color photographs show the latest equipment, supplies, and procedures and accurately depict concepts in microbiology and the nature of infectious disease.
- Four NEW chapters cover changing and emerging topics and trends in infection control, including Hand Hygiene, Preventing Sharps Injuries, General Office Asepsis, and Cross-contamination Between Work and Home.
- NEW! Case scenarios on the Evolve companion website examine an infection control incident along with its potential consequences, possible preventive measures, and related recommendations and regulations.
- UPDATED content includes new areas such as technology involving surface and equipment asepsis, dental water unit air quality, and green infection control.