Problems And Cases On Secured Transactions, Second Edition (Aspen Casebook Series)
- Publish Date: 2012-07-12
- Binding: Hardcover
- Author: James Brook
Attention: For textbook, access codes and supplements are not guaranteed with used items.
Arrives in 3-7 Business Days
The problem approach featured in Problems and Cases on Secured Transactions thoroughly engages students with imaginative scenarios, presenting the material as easily accessible and as manageable as possible without avoiding the intricacies of secured transactions. Students come to appreciate that the principal resource for the course is UCC Article 9 itself. While the casebook is an essential tool for study, the law is found in the Code. Problems and Cases on Secured Transactions is carefully designed for an introductory mainstream course, not for an advanced course or seminar. The material is presented as completely comprehensible, even enjoyable rather than an arcane science than only an insider can understand. Cases are heavily edited, and liberal editorial note help express the vibrancy of true-life situations. A good mix of short and long problems gives each lesson a comprehensive linear flow while keeping students focused. A progressive mix of problems helps students see the common elements, as rules and principals learned in a simpler setting can readily be applied to more complex transactions. Earlier problems lean more heavily, though not exclusively, on the individual and consumer-borrower situations. As the lessons advance, the mix of materials progressively includes more small-business and large-business transactions.
The Second Edition updates problems that highlight the changes made by the 2010 Revisions to Article 9, to become effective in 2013. Recently decided cases, applying the 2001 revision to Article 9, have been added as well.
- problem approach engages students with imaginative scenarios
- accessible and manageable, without losing complexity
- underscores UCC Article 9 as principal resource for the course
- The casebook is a tool; the law is in the Code.
- makes material completely comprehensible, relevant, and enjoyable, not arcane
- cases are heavily edited and noted to express vibrancy of individual true-life stories
- specifically designed for introductory course, not an advanced course or seminar
- a mix of short and long problems throughout the text
- gives each lesson a comprehensive linear flow
- keeps students focused
- shows the study of Secured Transactions as far more than a mechanical exercise
- a progressive mix of problems
- helps students appreciate the common elements
- shows how that principals learned in a simpler setting can readily be applied to more complex transactions
- Earlier problems lean toward individual and consumer-borrower situations.
- Later problems progressively mix more small-business and large-business transactions.
Thoroughly updated, the revised Second Edition presents:
- Updated problems that highlight the changes made by the 2010 Revisions to Article 9, to become effective in 2013.
- Recently decided cases, applying the 2001 revision to Article 9